In a message dated 11/18/01 8:07:42 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

The missed call on Braun when he dumped
Kariya helped NU score .jmho

Pullleeeze - This kind of homer-ism is what irritates me whenever a Maine player falls down or is checked hard and the crowd leaps to it's collective feet and yells at how Maine is getting hosed by Fitzy, Gravellese, etc.....

I witnessed this play as clear as can be since I was right behind that goal....
Braun had gone behind the net to play the puck and was headed back to his crease  (in his privileged area, I might add - look that one up in your rule book) when Marty, forechecking like the Dickens, attempted to cut around the post.  Braun, too, was at the post, where he has every right to be. Marty got the worst of it since I am guessing he gives up at least 40 pounds sans goalie pads to Braun. This was not your Garth Snow type of interference plays, either.

While I will agree that the officiating has been somewhat inconsistant this year (don't forget that it's early in the season for them too) - I think it has been good on balance...how many whacks and holds do you think Metcalf and company get away with in the course of a game???

I'll get off my soapbox. If I have offended anyone, I apologize.

Go Maine!!!

Regards,

John