Boy, this is fun.... not!

I've attached a couple of postings from a listserv I am on for those that are interested.
We are currently seeing very high levels of requests for *.ida, cmd.exe, root.exe readme.eml.
As I mentioned earlier, were are currently blocking incoming http requests that contain the strings listed above.  Looking this far into packets causes quite a load on the routers.  In fact, it brought the router that performs most of the routing for Orono campus to its knees twice this afternoon (causing great pain and suffering for many).  We believe we have struck a balance between router load and filtering at this point so that things should stabilize.  Of course, if the flow increases dramatically again.........

Jeff