Gavin,
What evidence do you have to show that the way the Cantos appear on the
page reflects Pound's intentions, and is not merely a compromise he was
willing to make given the nature of the publishing industry? (You may want
to read or reread _ABC of Reading_.) One could make valid aesthetic
arguments for or against a long unbroken line; one must take care not to
raise mere publishing convention to the level of aesthetic authority.
Calling me a philistine for raising the issue doesn't advance the
discussion or support your position.
Tim Romano