Dave Hendrickson, always with an interesting weekly column on uscho,
writes this week about tough arenas to play in.  Some of the Alfond
related comments:

   "Maine is obviously the toughest place to play,"
                   says Providence coach Paul Pooley, reflecting
                   the consensus opinion of Hockey East coaches.

   "Alfond is not as loud," says Northeastern coach
                   Bruce Crowder. "I was an assistant up there
                   before they blew out the sides. It's definitely
                   not as loud as it was before, but the decibels can
                   get up there pretty good still."

   That's a point that New Hampshire coach Dick
                   Umile confirms with a rueful chuckle.

                   "When they start going, let me tell you, you
                   can't even hear yourself on the bench," he says.

Read the column at http://www.uscollegehockey.com/m/he/?data=preview

--- ---

Maine fans were great last night, if somewhat sparse (4000+ compared to
the previous weekend's 5600+).  With school now on spring break, there
are great tickets available.  Brave the storm and watch your most
interesting Black Bears!

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing
The College Hockey lists, Hockey-L and Hockey3 at http://lists.Maine.edu/