Eric opines:

> ----------

True - they play one less game, already into the round of 8.

>  It is
> fair. Deal with it.

Ah - is it really fair?  The concept seems to be that the other 8 teams have
to win one more to advance, against quality opposition at that.  That part
is fair.  To require them to do it with little rest, that part may not be so
fair.  Deal with it?  I think that's what the discussion is about - the best
way to deal with it.