0100,0100,0100On 19 Oct 00, at 14:12, Greenie wrote: 7F00,0000,0000> It seems that for a "pure" hat trick, all three goals must: > > 1. Be scored in succession without any other player scoring > 2. Be scored during the same shift > 3. Not come during a power play or when either goalie has been pulled > 3. Come on three successive shots > 4. Be recorded as unassisted > 5. Be scored with the same puck > 6. Be scored with the same stick > 7. Squeak through the five-hole > 8. Be scored by a "pure" player who has 0 PIM in the game > > And last but not least, the "alert the scouts" classification: > > Following the first goal, the scoring player must lineup for and win > the faceoff. The player must then not lose possession of the puck > until the third goal has been scored. Although I cannot confirm that he met all the requirements above at this time, I can state that following: On 2 February 1952 Dick Rodenhiser scored 4 goals vs MIT at the Boston Arena, three in 45 seconds. It is likely Dick met requirements 1. and 2. above at the very least. When I research the game further I will do my best to learn if he met all nine of the requirements. On a more answerable note about hat tricks; Who has the fast recorded hat trick? It is likely that Dick Rodenhiser hold the record for BU, but what about other teams? Sean Pickett E-mail: [log in to unmask] Go Terriers 2000 Beanpot Champions