I just want to give public thanks to Joe for his well wishes and Heather
for her kind words.  I'll do my best with the PA.

As I mentioned on the MaineBeat hockey message board, I was a little
apprehensive about doing PA for hockey.  I gave up doing PA for basketball
and baseball due to my duties for MaineBeat.  Luckily, I can do PA, and
still find time to take pictures AND phone in the audio scoring updates
that we have.  Besides, aside from a Blue/White game some years ago, I've
never done PA for a UMaine hockey game.  I'm honored to be asked.

I'll give it a try this year, and see what happens after that.

Jim Baines
Publisher
MaineBeat.com