Jay,

of course Forrest Read would deserve to be discussed. No doubt.

But you wd agree with me, wdn't you, that his last book, the "'76", couldn't or,
rather, shouldn't be a topic for SERIOUS discussion but rather was a kind of
tragic joke. I still do not understand what led this great Pound scholar to write
such a strange and in large parts - please excuse these words - ridiculous and
speculative work.

But fortunately there is MUCH else left to talk about when talkiing about Forrest
Read.

alex

      Alexander Schmitz - P.O. Box 122, D-21636 Horneburg, Germany
       Tel.: 0049-4163-7565, Fax: ...-7549;  Mobile: 0177-5128767