Leon Surette wrote:

>  Everything I have read about Fascism
> and Nazism identifies both movements as entirely bourgeois--petit bourgeois,
> to be sure, but certainly bourgeois.
>     The anti-bourgeois movement of the thirties was Communism or Bolshevism.

I tend to think both Communism and Fascism were anti-bourgeois, at least in
theory -- that is, they opposed middle class liberal individualism.   Both
championed the agricultural and artisanal classes and claimed to be populist,
though they were also elitist.  The Fascists considered themselves the only
rational choice between the two extremes of Communism and Capitalism, but they
inevitably had things in common with both.

best, Patricia