Michael Coyle writes: > [This] note is simple, but makes a big >difference with regard to how anyone thinks of Pound. Pound himself *never* >used the phrase "The Pound Era," and would have been embarrassed had anyone >else done so in his hearing. It was Hugh Kenner who coined the phrase. . . . At http://ikarus.pclab-phil.uni-kiel.de/daten/anglist/PoetryProject/Pound.htm you'll find a student paper about Pound by Birte Dornhecker, who says, "In 1922, with characteristic aplomb, Pound announced that the 'Christian Era' was over and that the 'Pound Era' had begun." I'm pretty sure I've also read that proclamation of Pound's in its primary source. But (speaking of embarrassment) where? Jonathan Morse