Thanks, Garrick Davis, for that interesting compilation of Randall
Jarrell's thoughts about pound.

And an unrelated query: is Eliot's essay "_Ulysses_, Order, and Myth"
legally available online? I'd like to make it available on my Web page for
a class, but I've searched without success. On the other hand, at

http://www.bartleby.com/index.html

you'll find all of _The Sacred Wood_, plus a collection of
early-20th-century poetry anthologies that'll show you what Pound was up
against, plus much else of interest.

More: at

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/20000115/t000004712.html

you'll find an article about the now forgotten Thomas Wolfe which says in
passing that William Carlos Williams' reputation is fading too. Say it
ain't so!

Jonathan Morse