From the CCHA website (http://www.ccha.com/) ...

CCHA suspends use of four-man officiating system

FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich.  - The Central Collegiate Hockey Association has
chosen to suspend the use of the two-referees, two-linesmen officiating
system for the second half of the 1999-2000 season.  The decision was
made after a discussion with the league's head coaches.

"We have gathered excellent feedback and have had valuable discussions
regarding the four-man system," said CCHA Director of Officials Brian
Hart.  "At this time, we decided to further discuss the system and its
mechanics in greater detail at the conclusion of the season."

The system was used in 20 games - 16 league games and the four games of
the Great Lakes Invitational at Joe Louis Arena.  The CCHA was granted
permission by the NCAA in May to experiment with the system for 25 games
during the 1999-2000 and 2000-2001 seasons.