UROCK Archives

Univ College Rockland Students

UROCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 12:53:58 -0400
* Richard Randall, former President of the University of Maine at Augusta and a champion for off-campus centers, died at his home on Saturday.  He will be remembered at a memorial service on Sunday, June 8th, at 11 AM in the North Wing of the Augusta Civic Center, followed by a reception in the Richard J. Randall Student Technology Center.

* I have just learned this morning that a new company, Boston Financial Data Services, will be moving to the former MBNA Rockland facility on the harbor.  This promises many new and good paying jobs so stay tuned for more information about them.

*  Today I had a call from an employment recruiter with Allied Barton, a securities firm, that will be providing security for Boston Financial Data Services in Rockland.  They have immediate openings for Security Officers and Supervisors.  They are now accepting applications online at: www.greatsecurityjobs.com .  For questions please call 978-452-4606, ext 101. The contact name is Jarrod Farrell.

* This Friday, June 6th, we will have an "after hours" retirement for David Desjardins.  Please join us as we bid a fond farewell to David from 5:00 - 7:00PM.

* Fall pre-registration with no payment due continues.  Some classes will fill so we urge you to plan ahead.

That's it - Happy summer!

Deborah Meehan, Director
University College at Rockland
91 Camden Street, Suite 402