UROCK Archives

Univ College Rockland Students

UROCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2008 21:53:27 -0400
* Well, the semester is officially over.  Sixty-five URockers graduated
today, certainly some of the best to walk across that stage.
Congratulations to all of you.  We'll really miss you.  Remember that
you always have alumni privileges, so please visit us every now and
then.

* David Desjardins received a lot of email, hand made cards and many
other well wishes as he finished his University career.  Below is a
letter from David to you:

Hello!
I didn't want to leave before I had a chance to say good bye and
express my thanks  for the wonderful avalanche of cards and good wishes
so many of you sent me when you heard that I was retiring.

It has been a truly gratifying experience working with all of you. The
thing I always liked best about my job was being able to watch a
student's progress from the time they first became a student, unsure
of themselves and quiet, to the culmination of all their hard work when
they ultimately graduated, an accomplished and self-assured person. That
transformation is a remarkable thing to witness!
Thank you for allowing me to participate in that transformation, and
thank you for all the good memories.

All my best wishes,
David

Deborah Meehan, Director