UROCK Archives

Univ College Rockland Students

UROCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2008 12:30:00 -0400
*  Yes, fall registration is now open for degree students.
Pre-registration will continue with no money down until the summer.
Students who are not in a degree program may begin to register on April
7th.  Forms and schedules are available at the front desk.  The
transition to the new Maine Street student information system is going
well.  We'll guide you through the new processes so be sure to ask lots
of questions.

* Summer registration continues.  It is not too late to apply for
financial aid for summer and/or fall.

* Are you graduating this May?  Our URock celebration for graduates and
their guests will be Sunday, May 4th at 2:00PM.  We are planning the
festivities now and would like graduates to begin to RSVP at the front
desk as to how many will be attending  This will help our planning.

* New Statewide Program:  Beginning today, April 1st, there is a new
program administered through the Maine Career Centers.  It is called the
Competitive Skills Scholarship Program.  The intent is to provide
individuals with access to education, training and support leading to
skilled, well-compensated jobs.  There is a lot of money available for
qualified applicants which will help with tuition, transportation,
childcare, even personal computers.  The program is administered by the
Career Center (2nd floor).  They will begin doing intakes for the funds
this week.   You may ask Bev or Deb for more information.  Or, better
yet, stop in at the Career Center and tell them you want to know more
about the CSS Program.  I believe their first information session is
scheduled for this Friday.

* Lunch Time Yoga with Garrett Vail will be starting tomorrow,
Wednesday, April 2, from 12:00 - 1:00PM and continue through Wednesday,
May 7th. All skill levels welcome and the sessions are free.  Space is
limited so leave your name at the office.  You may attend a few sessions
or all. Sign up is required.

* URock flash drives are back!  They are on sale at the front office
for just $5.

Deborah Meehan, Director
University College at Rockland
91 Camden Street, Suite 402