UROCK Archives

Univ College Rockland Students

UROCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:29:58 -0400
* WHY WE FIGHT (2005) is a powerful documentary film directed by Eugene
Jarecki about the United States's relationship with war as a business.
The movie will be shown at URock on Friday, October 17th at 7:00PM.  The
viewing is hosted by members of Bob Baker's, "Science, Technology and
Human Ethics" course.  Discussion will follow.  Members of the class
have invited local politicians to attend the viewing and discussion
session.  All Urock students and faculty are welcome.

* Remember to sign up for the all day Boston Trip which will leave from
the UMA campus on Friday, October 24th.  Cost for students is $15.00.
Contact the front office for info.  Space is limited.

* URock gear is for sale through the front office.  T-shirts,
sweatshirts, sweat pants, bags and more can be purchased and custom
ordered.  We also have memory sticks for just $5.00

* Please remember that URock is closed on Monday, October 13th, for
Columbus Day.  There are no classes.

* We will host a Myers Briggs Type Inventory Workshop on November 17
from 1:00 - 4:00PM.  Susan Barnard of the Rockland Career Center will
help you understand your personality type, how you make decisions and
what jobs might best suit you.  If you have never taken the MBTI, this
is a great chance to put a new lens on who you are and it's quite fun.
You must sign up beforehand in order to complete the MBTI questionnaire
before the workshop.  Interested? Then check in at the front desk.

* Registration for Spring 2009 courses will begin around November 10th.
 Look for schedules mid-October.

* We are still looking for volunteers for the URock Buddy System,
checking in on neighbors in the mid-coast via telephone through the
winter.  This is not meant to be a large time commitment.  Please
consider making one phone call per week.

That's it!  Have a good week.

Deborah Meehan, Director
University College at Rockland
91 Camden Street, Suite 402