UROCK Archives

Univ College Rockland Students

UROCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2008 17:08:09 -0400
Welcome to the fall semester!

Here are a few important notices:

DATES!  Monday, September 15th, is the last day to drop UMA courses and
still receive 100% refund.  September 15th is also the last add-drop
date for switching courses.  October 28th is the last day to withdraw
from a UMA course and receive a non-punitive grade of 'W'.  If you are
registered for an ITV or online course from another UMS campus, check
with the front desk for their important add/drop and withdrawal dates.

LIBRARY AND ID CARDS - You may register online for a library card which
gives you access to the libraries of all seven UMS campuses, the Maine
State Library and more.  Go to
http://www.learn.maine.edu/ocls/libcardform.php  and fill out the
simple form.  It takes less than one minute and the card will be mailed
to your home address.  You can then order books online (academic
materials, bestsellers, new releases) and indicate your pick-up location
as Rockland.  Books arrive in about two working days.  It's a great
service.

VOTER REGISTRATION - We will have non-partisan voter registration
tables set up in the lounge several times over the next few weeks. In
2004, only 64% of U.S. citizens age 18 and over voted in the 2004
presidential election.  For our democracy to work, we must all
participate in the process.  The next general election is November 4th.

STUDENT ASSOCIATION - The URock Student Association will meet on
Friday, September 19th, at 11:00AM in room #412.  The meeting is open to
any interested student.  The SA organizes student activities, spends
student activity fees and is a great way to get involved here outside
the classroom.

VENDING! - Vending machines are available in the basement.  Reasonable
prices.

Good luck with the start of your term.  Contact me anytime.

Deborah Meehan, Director
University College at Rockland
91 Camden Street, Suite 402
Rockland, ME 04841