UROCK Archives

Univ College Rockland Students

UROCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:24:53 -0400
* The second summer session will begin the week of July 7th.  You may
still register for classes in that session and there is now a
two-payment plan.

*  Jobs & jobs - We have created a link from the URock home page to the
Maine Career Center (2nd floor) and its job listings.  A recent search
within 25 miles of Rockland pulled up over 700 vacant jobs.  In addition
to the recent addition of Allied Barton Security Systems (good pay, full
and part-time opportunities - see www.alliedbarton.com), Boston
Financial Data Systems will be moving into the Rockland Harbor Park
facility (former Rockland MBNA).  They expect to hire 100 people before
September.  Their link is www.bostonfinancial.com.  Believe it or not
there is a shortage of good workers, not only in the mid-coast but
nationally!  Statistics say it all * 22% of U.S. employers are
struggling to find the right people while the Bureau of Labor Statistics
predict we will have a 10 million worker shortage by 2010.  Many
employers will accommodate your interest in continuing with your college
education.  You are a valued commodity!

* If you need advising for the fall term, now is the time. Please plan
ahead and avoid the August rush.  Both Bev and I have quieter calendars
right now so call and schedule an appointment time.

* Please remember that URock has scholarship funds available for both
new and returning students.  You will see many links to different funds
off the URock home page on the left hand side..

That's it for now.  Let's hope the fog clears soon!

.

Deborah Meehan, Director
University College at Rockland
91 Camden Street, Suite 402