UROCK Archives

Univ College Rockland Students

UROCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:42:40 -0500
*  Having trouble using your Blackboard site for course work, or using online library services?  Tracy Camber, a senior in MHHS, is at URock on Tuesdays and Thursday from 9:00AM to 4:00PM and available for one-on-one help.  Just speak up and Tracy will be willing to help you get the maximum out of these online services.

* Monday, February 25th at 7:00PM, Bill Nye is our guest lecturer on the "Barriers and Successes of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community".  Open to the public.   Room 403/404.

* The Peer Networking Group will get started on Tuesday, February 26th with an introductory session at 10:00AM and/or 4:00PM in the lounge.  This is intended to be an informal discussion group to help you vent, share, laugh and cope with all of the life challenges of being a student.  No sign-up necessary.  All are welcome.

*  Friday, February 29th from 6:00-8:00PM is the URock skate party at Mid-Coast Recreation on Rte 90.  Free skate rentals and pizza.  Come with friends, relatives and kids.  Although sign up is not mandatory, if you leave your name at the office and the approximate number of folks you'll be bringing, it will help us to plan.

* On Tuesday, March 4th at 2:00PM, Director Deborah Meehan and Professor of Arts and Humanities, Bob Baker, will hold an informal round table discussion group on "The Value of a Liberal Arts Education".  We'll share thoughts and ideas on how to "Make a Life and Get a Job".  Open to all.

* The summer schedule of onsites, videoconference, ITV and online classes is now available on our web site, www.learn.maine.edu/rockland.  We will also have a summer course booklet available at the office next week.  Registration for summer opens on March 10th for degree students and March 13 for non-degree students.  For the first time, there will be a period of preregistration for summer classes which means you may register with no money down.  Remember that if you want financial aid for the summer term, you need to notify the financial aid office so that they will award you.

* Remember that by March 3rd, all degree students and others taking 12+ credit hours must comply with the new Maine State immunization laws.  If you are worried about being in compliance, check in with the office staff for help.

See you all next week!

Deborah Meehan, Director
University College at Rockland
91 Camden Street, Suite 402