UROCK Archives

Univ College Rockland Students

UROCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:39:39 -0500
Welcome back to the spring semester which got off to a bit of a rough start with a fresh foot of snow.  Some Monday AM classes did meet but for those starting noon or later, it will be Monday, January 28th before the first class meeting is held due to the Martin Luther King Holiday.  If you missed a class this past Monday, please check with the office staff as they may have some handouts for you.

The office will be closed and there will be no classes on Monday, January 21st in honor of Martin Luther King Day.

Please SAVE THE DATE of Friday, February 29th, as we'll have a URock family skating party at the ice rink at the Mid-Coast Recreation Center on Rte #90 in Rockport beginning at 6:00PM.  It will be a free skate, free skate rental and free pizza, all compliments of the URock Student Association.  Please mark your calendars.

Speaking of the local Student Association, we owe them credit for the great URock water bottles (one per student) available in the lounge and the snacks provided this first week of school.  They will also be taking reservations for a New York City Trip from May 14th to May 18th.  Sign ups start on January 28th and space is limited.  The cost of the trip is $200 for students (guests $400) and includes transportation and accommodations.  For further information about this and any other SA news, contact President Tracy Camber at [log in to unmask]  The SA does great work is always looking for new members.  This organization is a valuable way to contribute to our student community.

Deborah Meehan, Director
University College at Rockland
91 Camden Street, Suite 402
Rockland, ME 04841