UROCK Archives

Univ College Rockland Students

UROCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:54:52 -0400
Attention UMA Graduates!
If you expect to graduate in May or August 2008, submit a "Request
for Graduation" card to Claudia Quintal by April 1. You can submit the
form through the UMA website: http://www.uma.edu/Registrar.html.  Scroll
to the bottom and you will see the link to the form. You may also pick
up a graduation card at the URock front desk.  UMA's commencement will
be on May 10, 2008, at 10:30 AM at the Augusta Civic Center. URock's
local celebration will be Sunday, May 4th at 2:00PM.

Career Fair - Round #2
Tomorrow, Wednesday March 19, from 5:00-7:00PM, meet local employers
who are hiring now, particularly in Mental Health and Human Services as
well as other health fields. We expect 7 reputable area employers.
Bring your resume!  This event will be held at the Rockland Career
Center (2nd floor). Even if you are not looking for a job TODAY, this is
good experience in job hunting.

Summer Registration
Summer registration continues with no payment due until May. Summer
registration is still being done in the old student registration system.

Fall Registration
Fall class sign-up will be on the new MAINE STREET registration system.
 I can't stress enough that this will be a big change in procedures.
Right now, UMA degree students may complete the "Early Early" form for
UMA fall courses (only). Our staff will begin to put these registrations
into the system next week which is technically before UMA's registration
opens!  There is a new form that will be used if you are taking a
non-UMA course.  Non-UMA course registration will open sometime in
April.

Lunchtime Yoga
Certified Kripalu instructor, Garrett Vail, will be teaching a yoga
class at URock on Wednesdays, April 2 through May 7, from noon to
1:00PM.  There's only room for 7 people so you must sign up at the front
desk.  Costs for the program are covered by the URock SA.

Shopping Bags!
The blue nylon URock bags (just $5) make great grocery shopping bags.
They are roomy and strong.  Please help our environment by taking a
URock bag to the grocery store and say, "No thanks!" to the plastic
shopping bags.

Deborah Meehan, Director
University College at Rockland
91 Camden Street, Suite 402