UROCK Archives

Univ College Rockland Students

UROCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:28:34 -0400
* March Movie Madness - This Saturday, March 15th from 4:00 - 6:00PM.
Bring the kids and your friends and enjoy free movies and popcorn at
URock after hours.  Movies include "The Bee Movie" (kids/families - PG),
"How to Eat Fried Worms" (kids/families - PG) and "Into the Wild" (R -
Adults - excellent movie).  Thanks to the URock SA for organizing this.

*  Summer registration with no payment is now open to all students.
Remember to notify financial aid if you plan to take summer courses.

* Fall registration  - Signing up for fall classes will involve a new
student information system across the University of Maine System.  We
will be implementing some new procedures as we transition to the Maine
Street software.  Here's the plan:
 - Starting Monday, March 17th, UMA degree students may pick up paper
registration forms for UMA courses.  These forms may be filled out with
your course selection and returned to us starting March 24th.  We will
stamp them with the time and date received.  Then, starting March 27th,
we will begin to enter these paper registrations into the Maine Street
system in the order in which they were received.  We are calling this
the "Early, Early Registration".  This will allow students to get a jump
on registration as well as allow us some practice time on Maine Street.

- Monday, March 31st, registration opens for degree students; April 3rd
for non-degree. No money is due at this time.

* DROP IN ADVISING:  On Tuesday, March 18th from 1:00-2:00PM and
Wednesday, March 19th, from 2:00-3:00PM, we will have the opportunity
for "quick advising" in the student lounge.  Student Tracy Camber and
Director Deborah Meehan will be available to answer questions about
course selection for summer and fall and the implications for the new
Maine Street software for distance students.  This is a bit of an
experiment as we try to be accessible to many students in the most
efficient way.

* Information Sessions on new Maine Street software - We will host two
information sessions about the transition of student records to Maine
Street on Tuesday, April 1st at 1:00PM and Wednesday, April 2nd at
4:00PM.  Both will be held in the computer lab.  Hear first hand about
student record changes for residency, GPA and financial aid with the new
system. These are important issues for distance ed students.

* Career Fair - On Wednesday, March 19th from 5:00-7:00PM, we will have
the second Career/Jobs Fair with the Rockland Career  Center.  This is a
very good chance to interact face-to-face with area employers who are
hiring.  Bring your resume!  Employers expected on March 19th include:

          ASK for HomeCare
          PenBay Healthcare
          Maine Department of Health and Human Services
          Maine State Prison
          Turning Tide, Inc.
          Manpower
          Genesis Healthcare/Windward Gardens
          Merrymeeting Behavioural Health Services
          Home Care for Maine
          Home Counselors

That's it for now!

Deborah Meehan, Director