UROCK Archives

Univ College Rockland Students

UROCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:43:35 -0400
 * The UMFK campus is closed through Friday due to the flooding in
Aroostook County.  There are no UMFK ITV classes through the balance of
this week.  We expect UMFK to reopen by Monday.  If you have a UMFK
online course, log in to see if your course is up and running.

* There is still time to sign up for the SA night at the PenBay YMCA
from 5:00-8:00PM.  Please sign up at the URock front desk and complete
the registration form.  Sign up so we know how to plan for food!!  Bring
your friends and family!  Join in for swimming, basketball, volley ball,
kids gym, climbing wall & hot dogs. It's all free.

* The SA will provide snacks through finals week.  Thanks to them for
keeping your energy up!

* Due to circumstances well beyond our control, the Hard Cover Cafe
will be closing today!  Therefore, please plan your snacks and food
accordingly.  Remember, there are vending machines in the basement just
off the elevator.  We hope to see a food service up and running in the
cafe soon.

* Today was David Desjardins' last official work day at University
College at Rockland wrapping up a great 20-year career.  David will
continue through May as a volunteer, helping us through our transition.
In the student lounge, there are some blank cards.  Please make a card
for David so we may send him on his way with warm sentiments.  Also,
mark your calendars for Friday, June 6th from 5:00-7:00 for an "after
hours" party in David's honor.

Good luck to you all in the homestretch!

Deborah Meehan, Director
University College at Rockland
91 Camden Street, Suite 402
Rockland, ME 04841