UC_HOULTON Archives

Houlton Higher Educ Center Students

UC_HOULTON@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

"Hickman, Linda S" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:00:27 -0500
Check IT OUT:  This link will provide information about our Mental
Health and Human Services program.  See you on March 5th.

http://www.learn.maine.edu/download/documents/MH_Human_ServicesBro_New_C
hildcare_brochure.pdf

Mental Health and Human

Services

Degrees Offered: B.S. and A.S.

Offered on Augusta and Bangor campuses, and

statewide at University College Centers

UNIVERSITY COLLEGE AT Houlton TO HOST SESSION ON CAREERS IN HUMAN
SERVICES

Houlton - People interested in preparing for careers in human services
are invited to participate in an interactive videoconference session at

University College at Houlton on Friday,

March 5, from 10:00-11:00 AM.

The session will feature faculty from the Mental Health and Human
Services program at the University of Maine at Augusta (UMA).  UMA's
unique program offers the Bachelor's and the Associate's degree, as well
as certificate programs. Coursework in both degree programs includes
general education classes in combination with mental health, substance
abuse, human services and child and family courses. Each degree program
culminates with an internship experience.

"I think we have a wonderful faculty who possess the credentials that
reflect best practices for the State of Maine," explains Grace Leonard,
Dean of UMA's College of Natural and Social Sciences. "We are proud to
provide access to this program to people in communities statewide."

Courses in the program are available online and through a variety of
distance learning modalities. Give us a call should you have any
questions.

Linda Hickman

Houlton Higher Education Center

18 Military Street