UC_HANCOCK Archives

Hancock County Higher Ed Center Students

UC_HANCOCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bonnie Sparks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bonnie Sparks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:16:41 -0400
The next few weeks will be busy.

Please visit our website for information on the following events being hosted at the Hancock County Higher Education Center:

March 27, 9AM-11AM,  This is FREE to ALL Center Students
Kids These Days: Understanding Development, Stressors and High Risk Behaviors Among Teen Youth

March 31,  10:00 am - 4:00 pm  (Free and open to the public)
Moving Forward: Surviving a Job Loss

April 7, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Myers-Briggs Workshop - free to all center students
Find out which career areas best match up to your personality. Interpret the results of a personality style indicator (Myers-Briggs Type Indication) to gather insights for satisfying career and life choices.   Preregistration is required.

April 7, 1:00 pm  All students and the public are invited.
Refugee Stories
In December, Professor Carolyn Coe of Orland, traveled to Amman, Jordan  and Damascus, Syria to record the stories of Iraqi refugees living in these cities.  Carolyn will share some of the Iraqis stories, present a brief slide show and describe the work of the organizations assisting Iraqis overseas, as well as those who have settled in the United States.

I hope to see you at one of these events.

Bonnie Sparks
Director
Hancock County Higher Education Center
1-800-696-2540