UC_CCHANCOCK Archives

Non-UMS Hancock County Higher Education Students

UC_CCHANCOCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Ann Delaney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Delaney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2014 11:46:45 -0400
Good morning,

New Student Orientation is next week:

Monday, August 11th, 11:30-2

Wednesday, August 13th, 4:30-7

I'm looking for:

1. Students who will participate on a student panel presentation about
strategies for student success.  New students always want and need to know
how to study, where, how much; and how to manage time and stay organized.
I need students from both EMCC and UMA for both orientation sessions.

2. I need students to be here Wednesday at 4:00 to greet new students

3. Students who can help in the computer lab while new students go over
their skills using MyEMCC and MaineStreet.  I need students from both EMCC
and UMA for both orientation sessions.  The computer lab piece takes place
about an hour into orientation and lasts 40-45 minutes.

Please let me know ASAP if you can participate, the session you can be
here, and the task you will do.  You can volunteer for more than one task.
I'll need your t-shirt size because I have special University College at
Ellsworth t-shirts.  You also get a free lunch or free dinner!  Your
participation will be the most meaningful part of the orientation, so
please join us!

--

Ann M. Delaney

Student Services Coordinator
Hancock County Higher Education Center
248 State St., Ste. 1
Ellsworth, ME 04605
(207) 667-3897
1-800-696-2540

www.learn.maine.edu/ellsworth

   *"Tell me, what is it you plan to do*

*     with your one wild and precious life?"*

*                                 Mary Oliver*

*                                 "The Summer Day"*