UC_CCHANCOCK Archives

Non-UMS Hancock County Higher Education Students

UC_CCHANCOCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bonnie Sparks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bonnie Sparks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2010 16:01:27 -0500
Happy Thanksgiving….

A couple of things I want to mention:

1.        Checkout the video on our website and let us know what you think.

http://learn.maine.edu/ellsworth/2010/11/17/does-the-institution-we-call-education-need-to-change/

2.       Are you registered?  You need to do that ASAP.

3.       We’re offering some interesting courses at the center this spring,
including these and many more. Please visit the website:
http://learn.maine.edu/ellsworth/files/2010/07/Spring-2011-EMCC-Onsite-Course-List1.pdf

****BIO 115 Human Biology*

An integrated lecture-laboratory course introducing concepts in human
biology.  Topics include body systems, growth and development, human
heredity and how the human organism interacts biologically with its
environment.  The course meets five hours per week, including two hours of
lab.

*ECE 127 Cognitive and Affective Development  ***

Theoretical aspects of cognitive and affective development will be studied
with regard to the whole child. Experiences that promote learning, social
relationships, self-awareness and moral development will be explored.

*ECE 117 Observing and Recording in the Field       *

Explores methods of observing, recording, and assessing children’s
development and learning. Skills acquired as a result of this course will
provide the students with the needed information to assess development and
plan activities and experiences to individualize learning. Legal and ethical
practices and confidentiality issues will also be discussed. (2 lec, 1
practicum). * HIS 101 American History Since 1898         *

Explores the history of the United States from 1898 to the present. The
course covers the political, social, and economic development of the U.S.**

*PSY 211 Human Relations
*Provides skills-based training, focusing on assertiveness, empathic
listening and responding, sending and receiving clear messages, flexing to
different styles, adapting tasks to include motivational strategies,
praising and critiquing, transactional analysis, and effectively dealing
with defense mechanisms and groupthink

*** This is the first time we have offered an onsite lab science at the
center. I hope you take this opportunity to register.

4.       Save the date: Dec. 10. Holiday Party at the Maine Grind in
Ellsworth, 5:30 PM -8:00 PM

5.       And finally: Happy Thanksgiving. Relax and get prepared for the
busy final exam period.

Bonnie Sparks, Director
Hancock Cnty Higher Ed. Center

248 State St. Suite 1