UC_CCHANCOCK Archives

Non-UMS Hancock County Higher Education Students

UC_CCHANCOCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Bonnie Sparks <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:07:53 -0400
Hello All,

I want to wish you a restful and warm spring break.  Use the time wisely to
refresh and ramp-up for the last few weeks of the semester.

When you return from break there will be many changes to the center.  We are
reducing the footprint of the center and closing the State St. end of the
building.  Ann Delaney and Terry Watson will now be in the administrative
office at the main entrance.  The computer lab will be moved and a new
multi-media classroom will be created in Room 7.

These changes will not result in fewer educational options, in fact our
enrollments are growing and we will be announcing the availability of new
programs within the year.

Increased popularity of online courses, the availability of video-streamed
ITV courses, as well as budget concerns mean we need to look at how we use
our resources.  Once all the changes are complete I hope you will agree
that, though we may be “leaner”, we will be better positioned to serve the
students in this community.

Best wishes for an enjoyable spring break.

Bonnie Sparks, Director
Hancock Cnty Higher Ed. Center

248 State St. Suite 1

Ellsworth, ME 04605