UC_CCHANCOCK Archives

Non-UMS Hancock County Higher Education Students

UC_CCHANCOCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Non-UMS Hancock County Higher Education Students <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Deanne Grimmig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2010 13:03:03 -0400
The Student Association of the Hancock County Higher Education Center will
be electing new officers and representatives in April.   I encourage you to
get involved with Student Association.  It’s a great way to get involved
with the Hancock County Higher Education Center, practice leadership skills,
and have fun!

The Student Association plans and carries out educational, cultural, and
recreational events.  Each semester, the Student Association receives a
percentage of the student activity fees each student pays as part of course
costs.  The student activity fees can be used for educational events,
student orientation activities, holiday parties, trips, the annual
graduation dinner, and workshops.   The Student Association meets every
other week for an hour to an hour and a half.   Basically, student
association members get to spend money to benefit other students!

In my short time at the Center I’ve observed the Student Association is as
productive and vibrant as the students serving on it.  It requires time and
commitment, but if everyone pitches in, it’s manageable, even for a student
with responsibilities outside of school.   Not only will you enjoy the
events, you’ll feel pride in giving back to other students.

Materials and information about Student Association and the elections will
be on the bulletin board in the study area starting April 2nd.  Please take
a moment to consider joining the Student Association and let me know if you
have any questions.  I look forward to working with you!

Ann Delaney