UC_CCHANCOCK Archives

Non-UMS Hancock County Higher Education Students

UC_CCHANCOCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Ann Delaney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Delaney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2013 15:52:12 -0400
Dear Students,

Classes start in a little over a month, and I need your help!  Please take
a look at the volunteer opportunities I've listed and respond to me as soon
as possible.  These are great ways to contribute to our learning community
- and your resume! Please respond as soon as possible to let me know you'll
lend a hand!

Ann Delaney
Coordinator of Student Services

*NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
*
Thursday, August 15th
12:00-2:30 pm  OR
4:30-7:00 pm
I need student volunteers to help greet new students, set up for lunch or
dinner, assist students with using MyEMCC or MaineStreet, and clean-up.
If you're interested in helping with some or all of these tasks, please
respond to me as soon as possible.  Let me know what time you're
available,  the tasks you can do, and your t-shirt size.  *You will get a
free lunch or dinner and a UMA or EMCC t-shirt!!!*

*
TEXTBOOK SWAP*
Tuesday, August 20th
12:00 - 6:00 pm
I need students to help set up (moving some tables around in the room,
which are on wheels), monitor the event, and put the room back in order
afterwards.  Volunteers get a t-shirt!

*FALL SEMESTER TUTORS*
September 11th - December 6th
I need EMCC and UMA peer tutors for Pre-Algebra/Foundations of Math;
Algebra I; Algebra II/Intermediate Algebra; Basic Writing; College
Writing.  I also need peer tutors to help students with using MaineStreet,
MyEMCC, BlackBoard, and Microsoft Word.  Tutors must have completed the
course for which they tutor with a "B" or higher.  Peer tutors *may* be
eligible to earn volunteer hours towards a free course or an hourly wage.

Ann M. Delaney

Student Services Coordinator
Hancock County Higher Education Center
248 State St., Ste. 1