UC_CCHANCOCK Archives

Non-UMS Hancock County Higher Education Students

UC_CCHANCOCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Non-UMS Hancock County Higher Education Students <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Deanne Grimmig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2010 12:00:24 -0500
Just think, you’re about halfway through this semester, and there’s another
week-long vacation coming up for UMA students beginning March 22, and for
EMCC students beginning March 28!!!!!

I want to let you know and/or remind you about some events taking place at
the Center.

There are information sessions for the University of Maine at Augusta
Business Administration and Computer Information Systems degree programs
being offered on the next two Fridays this month.  Both of these sessions
will be presented via video-conference from 10:00 – 11:00 am.  On *March 12,
Brenda McAleer, Associate Professor of Business Administration, UMA*, will
discuss the requirements for the Associate & Bachelor degrees as well as the
concentrations in Accounting, Computer Information Systems Financial
Services, Management, Small Business, and Public Administration.  Career
Options will also be discussed. On *March 19,  Joe Szakas, Associate
Professor of Computer Information Systems, UMA, *will discuss the Associate
& Bachelor degrees in Computer Info Systems and the various programs
languages students will learn.  He will also speak on the program
requirements and career options.

The *Summer Course Guide* is up on our home page,
www.learn.maine.edu/ellsworth.  The fall schedule is not available yet, but
it will be up on our website as soon as it comes out.  UMA’s registration
for summer and preregistration for fall  begins April 12th for degree
students.  Remember that each campus begins their registration on different
dates.
UMA – 4/12, degree; 4/14, non-degree (summer & fall)

UM – 2/26, summer; 3/22, fall

UMFK – 3/15, summer & fall

UMM – 4/5, summer; 4/12, fall

UMPI - 4/20, non-degree (summer & fall)

USM – 3/3, summer; 4/12, fall

You will also find our *latest newsletter* on our home page.  Be sure to
read it.  There’s always good information and news in it.

Did you know there is a *Bus  Trip to Philadelphia, PA* scheduled for May
12-16?  The first five Ellsworth UMA students can go to Philadelphia for
four days, transportation and lodging provided for only $200.00.  You
provide money for food and fun.  See Ann Delaney or a Student Association
member to register.  You must pay at the time of registration.

*Dr. Maya Angelou* is coming to the Augusta Civic Center on Monday, April
26, 2010 at 7:00 pm
(Doors open at 5:00 pm)  General Admission Tickets - $25       Students &
Faculty Tickets - $15
Tickets go on sale October 19th, call 1-800-UMA-1234

Our Student Association is sponsoring a *Chili Cook-Off on St. Patrick’s Day
(March 17) at the Center*.  The event will take place from 11:00 am – 1:00
pm.  Make a pot of your special chili and bring it in.  A free flash drive
will be given to every entrant.  Sign up at the front desk.  We’ve held this
before, and everyone, I repeat, everyone enjoyed it.

For students in the education programs, *Owen J. Logue, Associate Dean for
Academic Service, in the Education department at University of Maine in
Orono,* will be available for one-on-one advising here at the center on
April 7, from 3:00 – 6:00 pm.  You must call in advance to schedule an
appointment.  *1-800-696-2540*

Whew! That’s a lot of information, but it’s all important!!!   If you have
questions and want more information, call or email me.

Deanne Grimmig

Administrative Associate

Hancock County Higher Education Center

248 State St., Suite 1