NETANN-L Archives

- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List

NETANN-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Irelann Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2021 09:24:55 -0400
*What is happening?*
Starting at 6:00AM Sunday morning we will be  applying security updates to
lv-o-nm-prod.its.maine.edu and lv-o-nm-db.its.maine.edu and then will
reboot them.

These machines provide the NM web interface and backend services including
roaming and self registration.  During this maintenance these will be
briefly unavailable.

*How long will it take?*
We expect the service to take about 15 to 20 minutes.

*Why is this work necessary?*
For security and support reasons we need to keep our systems running on
recent well supported operating systems.

*What happens if the work is not successful?  *
We will back out to snapshots of these machines taken prior to application
of the changes.

For Support of UMS software, services, or systems please contact IT Support
Services at 800.696.4357 or by email: [log in to unmask]

--
Irelann Kerry Anderson          phone:    (207)581-3508
Systems and Operations