NETANN-L Archives

- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List

NETANN-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Letourneau, Jeff" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- NETANN-L - UNET Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:54:07 -0500
All,
We started the school year with 90 Mbits worth of bandwidth to UUNET
(our Internet provider).  Since November we have more than doubled that
capacity by increasing our connectivity to UUNET by 20 Mbps and turning
up another 80 Mbps with a second ISP, Quest.  Our total capacity to the
Internet has grown from 90 Mbps to 190 Mbps over the last 3 months.

Over the next month or so we will be reconfiguring our Internet uplinks
to bring a total of 300 Mbps into our network.  These changes will not
only bring additional capacity, but also bring redundancy in service
providers and location.  Once completed, we will have a 150 Mbps
connection from Quest in our Portland facility and 150 Mbps connection
from Global Crossing in our Orono facility (yes, UUNET will be out of
the picture).

I will keep you all informed of the changes as they get implemented.
Jeff

--
Jeffrey Letourneau
Manager of Network Operations