NETANN-L Archives

- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List

NETANN-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jeffrey Letourneau <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- NETANN-L - UNET Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2010 06:24:58 -0400
The cut has been located and crews are on site repairing.  The initial cut,
which happened around midnight last night, did not take down our fiber
strands but the repair work, which started at approximately 5:45am, has.  We
have not received an official ETA for repair. We expect the link will be
restored within a couple of hours or so.  In the mean time all commodity
internet traffic has failed over to our backup link to Albany.  Internet 2
connectivity will be down until the fiber is restored.

Jeff

Jeff Letourneau
Associate Director, Communications & Network Services
Executive Director, Networkmaine (Acting)
University of Maine System

t: 207-561-3507
f: 207-561-3531