NETANN-L Archives

- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List

NETANN-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Irelann Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 2013 10:58:06 -0400
There is an issue this morning with the server that hosts the UMS
account management database.  As a result, administrative and
self-service account management tools are not available, and automated
account provisioning and account authorization management processes
are not running.

While account activations, password changes, mail forwarding changes
and the like are not possible at this time, mail forwarding and
supported UMS authentication services such as LDAP, CAS and Shibboleth
continue to function as normal.

No estimate of the recovery time is currently available; ITS staff are
currently looking into the issue and will remedy the server problem as
quickly as possible: we appreciate that throughout the system we have
compressed-term course schedules and orientation programs running.

--
Irelann Kerry Anderson          phone:    (207)561-3508
Systems and Operations