NETANN-L Archives

- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List

NETANN-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Letourneau, Jeff" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- NETANN-L - UNET Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 16:23:27 -0500
Yes indeed, the cable was damaged by a shotgun blast. While our Qwest
link is currently up and running Global NAPS (owner of the fiber cable)
need to splice the cable to be able to remove the part of the cable that
was damaged by the blast.

Repair work will start just after midnight.  If all goes well, the work
should be completed within an hour, but we have been told the worst case
should be no more than 3 hours.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Letourneau