NETANN-L Archives

- NETANN-L - Networkmaine Network Announcement List

NETANN-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Letourneau, Jeff" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
- NETANN-L - UNET Network Announcement List <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 15:54:34 -0500
We have just been informed that there will be some "emergency"
maintenance on a fiber cable that is carrying our Internet connection
with Qwest.  Details are currently sketchy, but it seems that the work
will start after midnight and will be "completed as quickly as
possible".  The comment made was that the damage to the fiber cable
happened when it was "shot by a gun". (I have no idea why someone would
consider a fiber cable threatening enough to shoot...)

During this period of time, all Internet access will fail over to our
Global Crossing connection in Orono. As such, we should not experience
any loss of service.   I'll keep you informed as we hear more.
Jeff

--
Jeffrey Letourneau
Manager of Network Operations