From:
Abby Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Abby Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2022 18:12:48 +0000
Please excuse the cross-posting

Good afternoon!

Ellsworth Public Library is excited to partner with Maine Humanities Council for a panel discussion with students from Thai Nguyen University of Agriculture and Forestry in Vietnam.  We're especially hoping to reach young people (high school and college students) so the panelists can have a chance to connect with people their own age.  That being said, everyone is welcome to attend!

We're also working on a community art show entitled "The Museum of You."  If you have a photo you'd like to submit, please fill out the form (linked at the end of the email).

Thank you for helping us spread the word!  Please feel to email me if you have any questions ([log in to unmask])

Thanks!
-Abby?

Panel Discussion: Cross Culture Connections

Please click here to register: https://networkmaine.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwvdOugrjgqHNRzvkoOErCpOvmvLTNj2tOl

Facebook Event link for panel: https://www.facebook.com/events/512985823884304?ref=newsfeed

The public is invited to a virtual panel discussion on Saturday, April 16 at 10 a.m. entitled "Cross Culture Connections: a conversation with students from Thai Nguyen University of Agriculture and Forestry in Vietnam." This NEA Big Read and Maine Speaks collaborative program will be hosted by Ellsworth Library and Maine Humanities Council and guided by Aaron Kingsbury, US Fulbright Scholar and Associate Professor of Arts and Sciences, Maine Maritime Academy. The program is co-sponsored by Lincoln Academy.

As Americans, rarely do we talk about Vietnam outside the historical context of war. This leaves us with little knowledge about what the day-to-day looks like for people living there. This rare opportunity for listening and discussion will feature panelists from Northern Vietnam speaking on their daily lives as college students. We encourage attendees to come with curiosity around pop culture, food, school, work, and play. Submit your questions in advance to [log in to unmask]

                                                          Museum of You

Send us photos of what best represents you!  You might have a special person, place or pet that you would like to share in the library's community art show, held in-person and online.

Select submissions will be printed and hung for display in the library's Riverview Room from May 1-13th.

Please click here to sign up: https://forms.gle/S89221qBGqU8eMdB8

Submissions will close Friday, April 22.

Abby Morrow
Community Engagement Librarian
Ellsworth Public Library
20 State Street
Ellsworth, ME  04605
(207) 667-6363

Subscribe<http://www.ellsworth.lib.me.us/how-do-i/sign-up-for-the-e-newsletter/> to our email newsletter!
Donate<http://www.ellsworth.lib.me.us/donate/> to the library's Annual Appeal

Currently reading: Love in the Time of the Contagion: A Diagnosis by Laura Kipnis