From:
Barb Rehmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barb Rehmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2022 12:59:19 -0500
Please join the Liberty Library  Tues. Jan. 11, 6:30 via Zoom  Register at
https://liberty.lib.me.us/avian-haven and you will receive a confirmation
email containing information about joining the presentation.

Lessons from Avian Haven Wild Bird Rehabilitation Center –a citizen’s guide
to helping the birds of Maine. Laura Suomi-Lecker will discuss common
reasons why birds are admitted to Avian Haven Wild Bird Rehabilitation
Center <https://www.avianhaven.org/> in Freedom and what public citizens
can do to help our local birds.  We’ll discuss the facilities and recent
cases of Avian Haven.  2021 admissions include orphaned and injured eagles,
owls, hawks, loons, bitterns, herons, ducks, and many species of songbirds.

Laura Suomi-Lecker is the education and outreach coordinator and long-time
volunteer with Avian Haven and also the Technical Director at Somerset
County Soil and Water Conservation District where she does a variety of
bird-related programs.

Regards,
Barb Rehmeyer
Liberty Library