From:
"McKenney, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKenney, Janet
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2022 16:49:24 +0000
Welcome Alyssa!

Janet McKenney
Director, Library Development
Maine State Library
SHS 64
230 State Street
Augusta, ME 04333

@janetmckenney (Twitter)
She/her/hers

-----Original Message-----
From: Maine Libraries Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Alyssa Patterson
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2022 11:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MELIBS-L] New Director

EXTERNAL: This email originated from outside of the State of Maine Mail System. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hello, everyone!

I would just like to take a minute to introduce myself and let everyone out in the library world that I have taken over as Director at the Lawrence Public Library in Fairfield. I was previously the Children's Librarian. I have not been very vocal on here, but have been observing for several years now and I'm happy to have such an amazing group of talented library folks around me!

Lou Bickford has retired from the position and we wish her well but she will be very greatly missed. Lou's contributions to our community have been immense, but I'm looking forward to guiding the library to what comes next!

We will be welcoming a new Children's Librarian at the end of the month.

Best wishes to everyone for a happy and healthy New Year!

Alyssa Patterson
Lawrence Public Library