From:
Michelle Sampson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michelle Sampson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2022 13:14:18 -0500
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rhode Island State Representative <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 1:01 PM
Subject: [NELA] 2022 RILA Conference: Save the Date & Call for Proposals
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Save the Date! The Rhode Island Library Association *2022 Annual Conference
*will be held on *May 25 - 26, 2022* at Bryant University in Smithfield,
RI. The youth & school library track will be on Thursday, May 26, 2022.

The conference theme is *Restore Reconnect Reflect*. The Conference
Committee hopes that we will be able to get together in person for a
restorative event that allows us to reconnect with each other and with the
fundamentals of the library profession while reflecting on library services
during trying times. The Conference Committee is monitoring the situation
with the pandemic and will be prepared to move to a virtual conference
should the necessity arise.

The Call <https://forms.gle/XcMM9obMN8r1D3Jc7> for Proposals
<https://forms.gle/XcMM9obMN8r1D3Jc7> is now open and accepting your
submissions. The committee strives to create a vibrant conference that will
leave attendees invigorated and inspired. As part of this year's theme *Restore
Reconnect Reflect*, we are looking for proposals that address core library
services and highlight our fundamental library values including information
access, intellectual freedom and censorship, building community, and
equity, diversity and inclusion. Your proposal does not need to fit the
theme to be considered for inclusion in the conference.

Please submit your proposals by *Sunday, February 6, 2022*, at the 2022
RILA Annual Conference Call for Proposals form
<https://forms.gle/jCQ2FfhKjCKbRhfNA>. You will also find a link for a
Google Doc with all required questions to help you more easily work on
proposals before submission. We look forward to reading your proposals!

For any questions, please contact the conference committee at

[image: [Gray text on a watercolor blue-green background] RI Library
Association Annual Conference. Restore, reconnect, reflect. May 25 - 26,
2022, Bryant University, Smithfield RI.]