Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 2021 15:26:45 -0500
VoIP is very robust, but if you take that route, note that alarm systems
are not compatible with that (they seldom tell you this). You will need
to keep that on copper (which duplicates fees, unless you can work with
the same company who has a hosted PBX option) or you can upgrade to a
cellular alarm panel. I upgraded our panel, and must say it's nice to
just have one company to call to service both alarms and communications.
Although, we haven't needed service yet, knock on wood!

Good luck,

Chip

On 2021-01-28 12:02, Sue McClintock - Carver Library wrote:

> What do you use, and do you like it? Especially smaller or middle-sized
> libraries with smaller budgets.
>
> We are looking at upgrading our phone system so that we can have a phone
> menu, be able to update the menu from home (snow days) and allow people to
> leave a message when the phone is in use. And keep our current number. If
> it has a few more bells and whistles that's good too.
>
> Options appear to be:
> An "auto attendant" on our regular copper phone line (somewhat limited);
> VOIP services (more expensive);
> Various cloud auto attendants like RingCentral, GoToConnect, and Ooma
> (might be a good balance of features and price...)
>
> Thoughts and experiences? Thank you!
>
> Best,
> Sue
>
> Sue McClintock