From:
"Davis, Kevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Davis, Kevin
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2013 21:45:18 +0000
CITY OF SOUTH PORTLAND, MAINE

Library Assistant: Youth Services Department

The City of South Portland, a forward thinking community of 25,000 located on Casco Bay is currently seeking two dynamic, fun, patron-centered individuals to join our team as Library Assistants in our Youth Services department.
We are looking to fill two positions: a 20-hour a week and a 17.5-hour a week position.  The Library Assistants work within the Youth Services department, providing front-line services to library visitors at one of Maine's busiest libraries.
The incumbents participate in all areas of library services to our younger users, including reader advisory, programming, collection management, public computer use, reference services, and general library assistance.  The selected candidates must have the ability to demonstrate strong organizational and interpersonal skills and communicate effectively both written and verbally.  The two Library Assistants - along with the head of the Youth Services department - will form a team with complementary strengths, skills and experience to provide outstanding services to the full range of South Portland's young people.
These positions are based out of our main library location, but may involve work hours at our branch location as well.  Work schedules may include regular evening and weekend hours.
To qualify for consideration, applicants must have a Bachelor's degree and previous library and/or other related service experience.  Experience with Millennium/Minerva a plus.  Excellent computer skills, the ability to learn new systems and applications, and a fun, innovative attitude is a must. The positions start at $15.89 per hour.  The 20-hour a week position is benefits eligible.

Full job description available online, at: http://wp.me/a2rEM9-hm

Application deadline: February 1, 2013

Submit résumé with cover letter to:

Kevin Davis
South Portland Public Library
482 Broadway
South Portland, ME 04106

Or email to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

EOE

NOTICE: Under Maine's Freedom of Access ("Right-to-Know") law, documents - including e-mail - in the possession of public officials about City business are classified as public records. This means if anyone asks to see it, we are required to provide it. There are very few exceptions. We welcome citizen comments and want to hear from our residents, but please keep in mind that what you write in an e-mail is not private and could show up in the local newspaper.