From:
Darcy Coffta <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darcy Coffta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2019 06:10:27 -0400
Dear Maine Librarians,

Good Morning & Happy Tuesday!

***Seeking panelists for Berwick Academy's Innovation Celebration on May 21
st at 6:30pm***

Are you interested in serving as a panelists or do you know another
librarian or teacher that might be?

Berwick’s Innovation Pursuit program started in our library as a way for
students to explore a topic on anything of personal interest.  We built a
framework that includes all 21st century learning skills and now offer
students the opportunity to intern, job shadow, and write grants for
financial support.

Our program was awarded a Follett Challenge grant in 2013 and has since
received national recognition.  One of the greatest impacts for our
students has been on the college application process and we are excited to
have you see what has been happening at Berwick this year!

Panelists use a provided rubric that is used to offer constructive feedback
on the presentation.  No grade is assigned.  This year we have over 60
projects that range from machine learning and artificial intelligence to
radar and single-use plastics to hypnosis; so we like to pull in panelists
with varied backgrounds and levels of experience.  In the past, panelists
have come from outside business/industry, civic organizations, schools, and
libraries.

This year's Innovation Celebration will feature a keynote address from
Berwick alum, parent and trustee, Mr. Lucas Merrow.  Luke, serves as an
Executive Advisor of MedAdvisor Limited since October 2018 and serves as
Chief Technology Officer of Eliza Corporation.  Mr. Merrow co-founded Eliza
Corporation in 1998 and served as its Chief Executive Officer.  Luke holds
a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from MIT and an MBA from the
Harvard Business School.

If you are interested, just reply and I can provide more information on the
event.  Please feel free to share this email with those in your
professional or civic circles.

Here is a link to our program: https://www.berwickacademy.
org/page/innovation/berwick-innovation-center/innovation-pursuit-program

Thank you in advance for your help!

Darcy

--

Follow Berwick Innovation @BA_Innovation <https://twitter.com/BA_Innovation>

Click HERE <https://follettchallenge.com/videos/644>to View Berwick's Entry
in the Follett Challenge!

Darcy Coffta
Jackson Library
Innovation Center Director
Upper School Librarian, Grades 10-12
Berwick Academy
31 Academy Street
South Berwick, Maine  03908
Telephone:  207.384.2164 x.2702
Facsimile:  207.384.3332

Library <http://www.berwickacademy.org/Page/Student-Life/Jackson-Library>
Innovation Center <http://www.berwickacademy.org/Page/BIC>

*"Without innovation you get stagnation.  We need more innovation."*
*~ Michio Kaku, futurist and theoretical physicist*