Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 11:39:26 -0400
Subject: 3D printers
Sender: Maine Libraries Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
From: Lee Koenigs <[log in to unmask]>
Good Morning Brilliant Maine Librarians,

I’m doing some fact finding regarding the value of purchasing a 3D printer
for the library.   If any public libraries who have one (or two or three??)
would be willing to share their experience, I would be forever grateful.
Specifically, what is your usage policy, who are your users, what are the
problems you’ve encountered, how do you feel it fits in with your mission
statement and on a practical level, where do you keep it while in use/store
it while not.   Also, do you live in a community that has a coding class
for designing 3D printed objects, or some other ‘feeder’ program, offered
at the high school or another educational institution?

Thank You Thank You!

Lee M. Koenigs

Library Director

Libby Memorial Library