From:
Holly Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Holly Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2021 20:02:18 -0400
The Maine Student Book Award Committee is looking for a public librarian!
This is a mid-year appointment, so don't let the following information
scare you.  We're looking for someone to truly begin work on the committee
in January. Here's a bit of what being on the MSBA committee entails:

Applicants should be public librarians and MLA members. Applicants should
be avid readers of children's literature who are currently working with
kids in our targeted age range (grades 4-8).

The committee meets four times a year (January, March, May and September).
Meeting locations vary throughout the state

Committee Member Requirements:
*Has a passion for and knowledge of children's literature.
*Is currently working with children in grades 4-8.
*Is willing to travel to meetings in different parts of the state.
*Is prepared to read and review over 100 middle grade fiction and
nonfiction books per year.
*Is comfortable with technology and a user of the Google Suite apps:
Sheets, Forms, Sites and Slides.
*Responds to email and other forms of correspondence in a timely manner.

No published children's book author, editor, publisher, or publicist may be
a member of the committee.

Applications are due by November 1.

https://forms.gle/JHKZnJLAQ26Utg1aA

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me or anyone
else on the committee. We're more than  happy to answer any questions you
may have. The list of the members is here:

https://sites.google.com/view/mainestudentbookaward/about/the-committee?authuser=0
--
*Holly Williams*
Library Director