From:
Anna Faherty <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anna Faherty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 2021 11:00:29 -0400
The Franco-American Collection at the University of Southern Maine,
Lewiston-Auburn College presents:

The Unlikeliness of it All Book Talk with Phil Nadeau

The Franco-American Collection at the University of Southern Maine invites
you to join us on Monday, October 18, 4 pm-5 pm, for the second event of
our Fall 2021 series!

Phil Nadeau will present on his new book, The Unlikeliness of it All, Part
1, about the immigrant history of Lewiston, focusing particularly on the
Quebecois and the Somalis. His remarks and readings will feature how he
chose the book’s title; why he wrote the book; how the decades from the
1950s to the 1990s prepared Lewiston for the unplanned arrival of some
1,000 refugees in 2001 and 2002; and similarities and differences between
the Francos and the Somalis. Q & A and book signing to follow the
presentation.

As of right now, we plan to hold this event in-person in room 170 of USM’s
Lewiston-Auburn College, located at 51 Westminster St. in Lewiston.
Currently the university is requiring masks for all students, faculty,
staff and members of the public on campus. We will keep you up to date in
case our plans change and the event will take place online.

Contact us with any questions!

--
*Anna Faherty*
Archivist
Franco-American Collection
University of Southern Maine
Lewiston-Auburn College
She/Her/Hers

📍 <https://emojis.wiki/round-pushpin/> the ancestral, traditional, and
contemporary lands of the Wabanaki Nations
<https://www.abbemuseum.org/about-the-wabanaki-nations#:~:text=Today%2C%20the%20four%20Maine%20Indian,respective%20lands%20and%20natural%20resources.>