From:
John Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 20:17:33 -0500
Hi folks,
Last year I read all ten and reviewed the nominees on the Maine Crime
Writers blog. (got both winners right). Here are the 2013 nominees in
both categories. I'm somewhat disappointed that two I read and really
liked (Freaks Like us by Susan Vaught and Blind Spot by Laura Ellen)
weren't selected. I've ordered those we don't already own and will read
and predict on MCW again this year.

Regards,
John Clark-Hartland P.L.

*BEST JUVENILE*

*Fake Mustache: Or, How Jodie O'Rodeo and Her Wonder Horse (and Some
Nerdy Kid) Saved the U.S. Presidential Election from a Mad Genius
Criminal Mastermind *by Tom Angleberger (Abrams -- Amulet Books) *13
Hangmen* by Art Corriveau (Abrams -- Amulet Books) *The Quick Fix *by
Jack D. Ferraiolo (Abrams -- Amulet Books) *Spy School* by Stuart Gibbs
(Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers) *Three Times Lucky *by Sheila
Turnage (Penguin Young Readers Group -- Dial Books for Young Readers)

*BEST YOUNG ADULT*

*Emily's Dress and Other Missing Things* by Kathryn Burak (Macmillan
Children's Publishing Group -- Roaring Brook Press) *The Edge of
Nowhere* by Elizabeth George
<http://topics.sacbee.com/Elizabeth+George/> (Penguin Young Readers
Group -- Viking) *Crusher* by Niall Leonard (Random House Children's
Books -- Delacorte BFYR) *Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone* by Kat
Rosenfield (Penguin Young Readers Group -- Dutton Children's Books)
*Code Name Verity *by Elizabeth Wein (Disney Publishing Worldwide -
Hyperion)

--
Check out my eBook The Wizard of Simonton Pond,
http://www.ebookdiscovery.com/JohnClark.html