From:
Crystal Wilder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Crystal Wilder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 2021 17:12:55 -0400
considerably due to COVID-19 since 2019, here's an update about the
University of Southern Maine Libraries' current accessibility.   *I wanted
to alert everyone to these changes *before* sending any patrons to use our
libraries.*

This is the official Fall 2021 statement found at
https://usm.maine.edu/library/return :
"For Fall 2021, USM Libraries will be open to all University of Maine
System students, faculty, and staff through card swipe access*. Friends of
USM and members of the public may access library services, resources, and
Special Collections in person by appointment or continue to work with us
remotely <https://usm.maine.edu/library/remote-library-resources>. If you
require in-person library services, please call us at (207) 780-5345
(Gorham), (207) 753-6540 Lewiston-Auburn, (207) 780-4270 (Portland) or fill
out this form <https://usm-maine.libwizard.com/f/libraryvisit> to schedule
a library visit."

In short, public patrons (not currently USM students, staff, or faculty),
may make an appointment to enter the libraries during regular business
hours.  These appointments are supposed to be made at least 24-hours in
advance of each visit.

So, your patron may still utilize our microfilm/microfiche readers, but
they cannot simply walk in the doors anymore, unless they are current USM
members, with their university ID cards.  Also, masks are required at all
times in all university buildings.

Just wanted to let you know about our current rules & regs.
Happy Day!
Crystal

--
Crystal Wilder