From:
Leslie Rounds <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leslie Rounds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:45:44 -0500
Hi, all,

We are in the process of having printed a full-color, 160 page book to
accompany our new exhibit at the Saco Museum: I My Needle Ply with Skill:
Maine Schoolgirl Needlework of the Federal Era. The book includes photos of
nearly 120 Maine-made samplers that span the years 1750-1848, as well as
biographies of the makers of those works, and whenever possible, information
about their teachers. Sampler making was a critical component of the
education of young women of the era. Their finished works demonstrate
outstanding needle skills, remarkable artistry, and oftentimes are the only
remaining proof of their existence. This book, which can be ordered from our
website: www.dyerlibrarysacomuseum.org (as soon as our web designer can get
the button up there-early next week?) should prove to be a valuable resource
for anyone seeking information on this important topic. If you would like it
before we get the button installed, you could call us at 207-283-3861x101 or
113 or 114 to order it. The cost is $25.99 + $3.00 for shipping if you need
it shipped. We could also put it in delivery if you would prefer. I can
email you an Adobe file of the cover, if you would like to see that-it
includes more information. I didn't want to bog down everyone's email boxes
as it is about 9.7 MB.

And it was written by a Maine librarian! (Me.)

Leslie

Leslie Rounds

Executive Director

Dyer Library/Saco Museum